The Arc of St. Lucie County, Inc. is a private not-for-profit corporation that provides a comprehensive array of services to individuals with intellectual, physical, and developmental disabilities in our community. The Arc is dedicated to enabling the individuals we serve to choose and realize their goals of where and how to live, learn, work and play. It is the strong belief of the staff and the Board of Directors that all individuals who are served by The Arc are entitled to a quality of life equivalent to that of non-disabled individuals in our community and around the nation.
The Arc provides numerous opportunities for individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities to grow and develop
These opportunities are provided in a myriad of settings, ranging from day programs to community-based employment, to vocational training to group homes. Using innovative training and teaching methods, these opportunities focus on maximizing independence.
The Arc strives to maintain the highest standards of excellence in training and support, advocacy, and service..
The Arc has grown steadily since its inception in 1956. The Executive Director oversees the day to day operations of the organization under a Board of Directors. The Arc’s self-governing character is demonstrated by full management policy, controlled by a self perpetuating Board which elects its own members. Management and policy decisions are based on the premise that our clients must be able to make their own choices.
Currently, The Arc serves over 150 individuals in a variety of settings, ranging from adult and children’s day programs to community-based employment services to vocational training to residential services. We employ over 80 associates, including managerial, direct-care support, and transportation staff.
The Arc Team
- CEO – Athary Koning [email protected]
- CFO – Daisy Velazquez [email protected]
- Adult Day Training (ADT) Director – Tara Goheen [email protected]
- Director of Services – Joe Fernandez [email protected]
- Residential Manager – Felicia Bynoe [email protected]
- Residential Manager – Elizabeth Shelly [email protected]
- Assistant Manager ADT – Shanette Shongwe [email protected]
- Office Manager – Manny Perez [email protected]
- Facilities Manager – Eliezer Lopez [email protected]
Board of Directors
- Curtis Boyd – President
- Charles Shafer – Vice President
- Alesha Fuller – Treasurer
- Brian Hester – Director
- Sean Mitchell – Director
- Christena Patterson – Director
- Troy Ingersoll – Director
- Joseph Edge – Director
- Kelly Phelan – Director
- Patricia Burgess – Director
- Joe Branca – Director
- Mayor Linda Hudson
- Jeremiah Johnson
- Tom Perona
- Sheriff Ken Mascara
- Shannon Martin
The Arc of the United States
The Arc US is a tremendous resource for people wanting to learn more about developmental or intellectual disabilities –and about what we are doing at the national level too.The Arc of St. Lucie County is an affiliated chapter of the Arc of The US. Click anywhere in this box to open a tab with The Arc US.