The Arc provides numerous opportunities for individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities to grow and develop.
These opportunities are provided in an array of settings, ranging from day programs to community-based employment, to vocational training to group homes. Using innovative training and teaching methods, these opportunities focus on maximizing independence.
Currently, The Arc serves over 150 individuals in a variety of settings, ranging from adult and children’s day programs to community-based employment services to vocational training to group homes. We employ over 80 associates, including managerial, direct-care support, and transportation staff.
The Arc strives to maintain the highest standards of excellence in training and support, advocacy and service.
The Arc has grown steadily since its inception in 1954. The Executive Director oversees the day to day operations of the organization under a Board of Directors. The Arc’s self-governing character is demonstrated by full management policy, controlled by a self perpetuating Board which elects its own members. Management and policy decisions are based on the premise that people must be able to make their own choices.
The Arc Team
- Executive Director – Debbie VanSlooten firstname.lastname@example.org
- Controller – Daisy Velazquez email@example.com
- Director of Services – Dylan Raguseo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director of Development – Judi Scarborough email@example.com
- Human Resources Coordinator – Carol Karpiel firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant Director of Services – Brook Ronca email@example.com
- Day Program Manager- Gwendolyn Willeford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Residential Manager – Sarah Cochran email@example.com
- Residential Manager – Elizabeth Shelly firstname.lastname@example.org
- Children’s Program Manager- April Barber email@example.com
- Person-Centered Case Specialist – Tara Goheen firstname.lastname@example.org
- Administrative Assistant – Lataiya Moore email@example.com
- Employment Specialist – Jay Gibbons firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program Support Specialist – Bill Stevens email@example.com
- Maintenance Coordinator – Victor Pineiro firstname.lastname@example.org
Board of Directors
- Curtis Boyd – President
- Charles Shafer – Vice President
- Cheryl Dempsey – Treasurer
- Lisa Hansler – Secretary
- Tammy Crouse– Director
- Alesha Fuller – Director
- Lisa Hansler – Director
- Christena Patterson – Director
- Caleb Gillette – Director
- George King – Director
- Troy Ingersoll – Director
- Barbara Guettler – Director
...or download a Membership Form Below
You can also simply download one of the membership forms here, fill it out, and mail it back to us. It's that simple.
Why Become A Member?
Your membership means The Arc can continue providing services, advocacy, and supports to people with intellectual or developmental disabilities in St. Lucie County. They are counting on us! And we are counting on you!
By joining our network of more than 140,000 members and close to 700 affiliated chapters nationwide, you can be a part of the largest grassroots movement to protect the rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD).
As part of this network, you’ll be connected to others with and without disabilities who share your beliefs and your challenges. Self-advocates (an individual with I/DD), their family members, experts and professionals in the field and advocates and activists work together through The Arc to ensure that people with I/DD have the resources to meet their needs and live self-determined lives.
Check us out on Facebook and Twitter!
Did you know?
About 2% of people are born with an intellectual or developmental disability.
2% of the population of the State of Florida is: 419,600 (as of 2017).