The Arc of St. Lucie County, Inc. is a private not-for-profit corporation that provides a comprehensive array of services to individuals with intellectual, physical, and developmental disabilities in our community. The Arc is dedicated to enabling individuals we serve to choose and realize their goals of where and how to live, learn, work and play. It is the strong belief of the staff and the Board of Directors that all individuals who are served by The Arc are entitled to a quality of life equivalent to that of non-disabled individuals in the surrounding community.
The Arc provides numerous opportunities for individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities to grow and develop.
These opportunities are provided in an array of settings, ranging from day programs to community based employment, living sites to group homes. Using innovative training and learning methods, these opportunities focus on maximizing independence.
Currently, The Arc serves over 150 individuals in a variety of settings, ranging from day programs to community based employment and living sites to group homes. 63 associates are employed, including professional, direct support, and transportation staff.
The Arc strives to maintain the highest standards of excellence in training and support, advocacy and service.
The Arc has grown steadily since its inception in 1954. The Executive Director conducts the day to day operations of the organization under a Board of Directors. The Arc’s self-governing character is demonstrated by full management policy, controlled by a self perpetuating Board which elects its own members. Management and policy decisions are based on the premise that people must be able to make their own choices.
The Arc Team
- Executive Director – Debbie VanSlooten firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director of Services – Dylan Raguseo email@example.com
- Director of Development – Judi Scarborough firstname.lastname@example.org
- Human Resources Coordinator – Carol Karpiel email@example.com
- Assistant Director of Services – Brook Ronca firstname.lastname@example.org
- Day Program Manager-Ashley Lewis email@example.com
- Residential Manager – Sarah Cochran firstname.lastname@example.org
- Residential Manager – Elizabeth Troxley-Shelly email@example.com
- Children’s Program Manager-April Barber firstname.lastname@example.org
- Administrative Assistant – Tara Goheen email@example.com
- Employment Specialist – Vacant firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program Support Specialist – Bill Stevens email@example.com
- Plant Manager – Doug Minner firstname.lastname@example.org
Board of Directors
- Curtis Boyd – President
- Nikita Lloyd – Vice President
- Charles Shafer – Vice President
- Cheryl Dempsey – Treasurer
- Megan Guyer – Secretary
- Tammy Crouse– Director
- Carol Adkins – Director
- Alesha Fuller – Director
- Lisa Hansler – Director
- Christena Patterson – Director
- Caleb Gillette – Director
- George King – Director